Thursday 28 November 2013

Thursday 28th November - Local Hero Awards

Nina, Wendy B, Alison, Wendy S, Jo, Mildred
I feel a little embarrassed by this BLOG entry but by popular demand here it is.

You (Macc Harriers E Group/Macc Run England) very kindly nominated me for the 'Sports Person of the Year' award as part of Cheshire's Silk 106.9 Local Hero Awards (one of 12 categories). I was lucky enough to win the award and I was presented with the trophy at a celebration evening at the Tytherington Club. I was able to be with Alison and 4 group members at the dinner (which was very good).

There were about 140 people there and we heard some amazing stories from some amazing people (including one very inspirational 11 year old boy).

The Trophy
Thank you so much for the nomination and for making our group so good with all your support, enthusiasm, humour and progress on your own running careers - you will never know how much your progress means to me!

Thanks

Neil




A new group member?
Neil & Ali

Celebration cake

SILK 106.9 Cake

Live Feed to FaceBook

Good food...


Neil & Dane Swindells (Young Achiever Award)

Two winners!


No comments:

Post a Comment