Saturday 19 January 2013

Saturday 19th January

Today's run was great fun with a skidding start of my friend's arrival Sam, who slid in rather nicely behind the rangers truck!!. Also as if by magic this high viz top was fastly approaching us - the Mud Queen - plenty of mileage on Dawns map my run due to excellent loop backs.

The run was very pretty and novel running in the snow, I was amazed too how quickly we arrived in Prestbury. I can now say I have ran through Prestbury, Heather was very good at spotting the celeb cars although my hubby was not impressed that I could no recite who they were!!! Heather did extremely well with her tippy tap and breathing lessons from Dawn and I. Not forgetting to remind her Neil's wise words 'Why do you have to walk, what is making you walk' The loopbacks were well inforced by our Number 1 Nina, Sam was very good at organising us for photos (ooops I called order on keep running or we will get cold - Nina soon had us all sorted). The banter was great fun too with with songs sung and quotes from Private Benjamin....

A great run thank you Nina and Mel for organising this. Thank you Wendy for re-orgnaising the Park Run due to cancellation too. Thankfully we all remained on two feet, no snow angels or snowball fights.
I believe we ran just over a 5k possible more if you did the loop backs, a few of us had problems with this. Calories burnt was approx 500 (cheers!)











No comments:

Post a Comment